Spills and stains can affect the general appearance of your carpet, especially when left on for a very long time. This is Wine and Coffee Stain why it is important…
Germs are harmful to the health of all residents and can cause discomfort to family, pets or visitors.
You should take special care to keep carpets germ-free, especially if a family member is prone to allergies. Baking soda and vinegar are two kitchen products that are useful for cleaning stains and removing odours.
Remember that germs are generally brought in by pests like cockroaches or mice. This is why stains and food crumbs that attract pests should be cleaned as soon as possible.
Why is it important to keep your carpets germ-free: There will always be some germs, bacteria and dirt in your carpet. If you regularly clean the carpets, you will reduce the amount of dangerous germs, which reduces the chances of your family or pets getting sick.
Is Regular Carpet Cleaning Important?
Many people clean their carpets only when required, like when parents visit, hosting a house party, or a tenant needs an end-of-lease clean. Cleaning the carpets only when required can be unhygienic for the entire family, not to mention potentially damaging to expensive carpet material.
Why Professional Carpet Cleaning is the Best Option
There are a number of reasons why it’s important to clean your carpets frequently. Some reasons why it’s important to clean carpets frequently to help keep your home clean, hygienic and smelling fresh include the following.
Prevent Permanent Stains
Regularly cleaning the carpet will give you the best chance so no stain stays present for too long. Many so-called permanent stains that are seen on carpets were not always “permanent”.
If homeowners acted fast, there would be no stains to talk about. Treating stains as quickly as possible will help you get to it before it has sunk deep into the fabric and ruined your carpet.
Increasing Carpet Life-Expectancy
Not only does frequent carpet cleaning give a fresh look to your rooms, but it also helps by adding years to the life of the carpet.
- Cleaning makes sure that debris that can harm the quality of the carpet is removed before it can do any damage
- Regular cleaning and vacuuming may help eliminate some of the common problems that cause soft furnishings to be replaced before their time
Carpet cleaning makes the home environment more hygienic. This is especially important if you or any of your family members suffer from allergies.
- A thorough cleaning ensures complete removal of pollutants like dust and soil and can even get rid of harmful bacteria
- You can also use special cleaning products that provide protection from germs
Sanitise the Air
Deodorising rooms is very important but often ignored by many home owners.
- Carpets attract all kinds of unwanted things like dirt, dust, crumbs, grime, and even worse if you have pets
- The combination of something trapped in your carpet may make your room smelly and stuffy
- Routine cleaning and steaming allow carpets and the entire room to smell pleasant and fresh
Just How Important is a Vacuum
Although carpets are great furnishing pieces, they need regular maintenance. Dirty carpets can not only destroy the look of a room but also give it a pungent smell.
Regular cleaning helps your carpets to look, feel, and smell fresh all the time. An important reason to get (and use) a decent vacuum is that unhealthy debris may accumulate in the carpet over time.
How Do You Kill Germs In Carpet?
To kill germs in your carpets, steam clean them with a mixture of hot water and a carpet detergent that is safe to use with your machine. You can also use 1/2 cup of white vinegar per litre of water to kill bacteria. Check your steam cleaning machine’s manual before you use any detergents or vinegar.
Tips That Will Keep Your Carpet Clean and Fresh
Carpets are great for giving a finished look to your house along with protecting the floors from damage. Carpets, no matter how expensive, get dust, debris, and germs stuck in them. This is why the carpet should be regularly cleaned and steamed.
A dirty looking carpet or smelly odour is not the only reason why carpet cleaning is important. Frequent vacuuming and deodorising also help to extend a carpet’s life and remain clean and fresh. By following some handy tips, you can make sure that it is years before your carpet needs replacing or getting a professional cleaning service.
Vacuum Carpets Weekly
- Vacuum your carpet once a week
- Vacuuming helps dirt particles be removed from the depths of fabric
- It also helps permanent stains and odours from getting worse
If you have carpet dilemmas that involve odours, stains, or mould, your best option is steam-cleaning.
- Steam-cleaning ensures your carpet gets a deep clean
- Steam cleaners are great for any kind of stain, but the job can be done with white vinegar too
- Mix water with white vinegar and run the steamer over your carpet as per the manufacturer’s instructions
- Make sure the carpet is completely dry before you allow anyone to step on it
Use Baking Soda
Baking soda might as well be called the holy grail of carpet cleaning.
- This substance is versatile when it comes to removing carpet odours or stains
- Baking soda keeps fabric soft and fresh
- Make sure the carpet is completely dry before sprinkling baking soda on it
- Let the baking soda sit for about an hour before vacuuming up residue to get clean carpets
Welcome Mats in Doorways
A common way carpet in Perth homes get dirty is through dirt brought in by shoes and feet.
The simple trick of placing doormats (and insisting people use them before entering) is a great way to make sure your carpet doesn’t suffer because of muddy shoes or dirty feet. This will also keep a lot of odour out.
Final Notes on Keeping Your Carpets Clean and Fresh
Carpets can be significant purchases, and you probably want to keep the carpet clean and fresh as long as possible. This is possible by following some general guidelines including the famous expression the best type of carpet care is prevention.
Carpets can retain their look and feel by using a doormat at the entrance and it’s always a good idea to check out what services your local Perth cleaning company has to offer in case they can lend a hand.