The kitchen is generally a busy room in the house, with meals being prepared and people running in and out to get drinks, go through into the garden and have…
Few things are as calming and relaxing as having a nice, tidy, well kept kitchen.
The most often used space in any house, this is the heartbeat of your home. When it’s well ordered, home life is well ordered. When it’s out of whack, though, everything is out of whack!
That’s why we’ve shared these tips and tricks below, tips designed to help you keep your kitchen spotless. Should you run into more serious problems (like leaky pipes or clogged drains), it’s a good idea to call in professional plumbers than fight those problems on your own.
Kitchen Cleaning Habits
- Keep your counters clutter-free. Clear off your kitchen counters regularly to prevent clutter from building up and making it difficult to work in the kitchen.
- Wipe up spills as soon as they happen. Don’t let spills sit on your counters or floors for too long, as they can become sticky and difficult to clean up. Wipe up spills as soon as they happen to prevent them from spreading and causing a bigger mess.
- Empty your trash regularly. Don’t let your trash can overflow or become smelly. Empty it regularly and wash it out with soap and water to keep your kitchen smelling fresh.
- Clean your appliances regularly. Wipe down your refrigerator, stove, and other appliances regularly to remove food spills and prevent bacteria from growing.
- Sweep and mop your floors regularly. Sweep your kitchen floors at least once a week, and mop them with a disinfectant solution to remove dirt and germs.
- Wash your dishes as soon as you’re finished using them. Don’t let dirty dishes pile up in your sink or on your counters. Wash them as soon as you’re finished using them to prevent bacteria from growing.
- Organize your pantry and cupboards. Keep your pantry and cupboards organized so you can easily find what you need and avoid creating clutter.
- Use air fresheners to keep your kitchen smelling fresh. Air fresheners can help mask any lingering cooking smells and keep your kitchen smelling clean and inviting. Also can clean items like your microwave and oven.
- Keep your sink clean and free of bacteria. Wash your sink with soap and water regularly to remove any food particles and prevent bacteria from growing.
- Get out ahead of common kitchen plumbing problems ASAP. There are several common kitchen plumbing problems that can arise, and their fixes will depend on the specific problem. Some common kitchen plumbing problems include clogged drains, leaking pipes, and faulty faucets.
To fix a clogged drain, you can try using a plunger or a drain snake to remove the obstruction. To fix a leaking pipe, you’ll need to locate the source of the leak and then repair or replace the damaged section of the pipe. To fix a faulty faucet, you’ll need to determine the cause of the problem and then make the necessary repairs. This could involve replacing a worn-out gasket, tightening loose connections, or replacing the faucet altogether.
All of the tips we highlight above will help you keep your kitchen spotless, cleaning up clutter before it builds to an almost unmanageable amount – and keeping your life headache and hassle free!
When you’re getting your home appraised it is important to keep these matters in mind.
If you do bump up against more serious kitchen issues, like plumbing problems, don’t be shy about calling in the professionals right away.
They’ll make sure these minor issues don’t grow into messy (and expensive to fix) emergencies later down the line!
For further information about cleaning your kitchen, click here.