Removing Tough Carpet Stains Carpets are hard to clean. Even when you think you have…
With the move towards more natural products around the house, DIY cleaning products have become more popular.
Most people will have a detergent for the dishes, something like Pine-O-Clean for the toilet and possibly Jiff for those hard stains.
But what about for general cleaning?
You can make your own cleaning products from things like bicarbonate of soda, white vinegar or lemon.
The best part about making your own is that you can make it smell the way you want. If you love rosemary, lavender or tea tree, you can often put a bit in the solution to make the house smell extra clean. Bonus points if you grow your own, so you always have fresh ingredients.
Safety Tip: Don’t mix bleach with ammonia. It will produce a toxic gas. Always read the labels and try the cleaning product on a small, out of the way area if you’ve not used that combination on that surface before. Granite is especially susceptible to acidic cleaners like vinegar.
The heart of any home is the kitchen. Homeowners will agree they spend a lot of time in the kitchen, and not just for cooking. The kitchen is a frequently occupied room in a lot of homes. Many Perth homeowners complain the most tedious part of cleaning the house is trying to keep the kitchen clean! This is due to kitchen surfaces becoming greasy over time and attracting more dirt and debris than any other part of the house.
Is Kitchen Cleaning a Tough Task?
Kitchen cleaning is usually a daunting task for many Perth homeowners as it means greasy countertops and ovens full of grime. If tabletops, counters, and floors are not kept clean regularly, they can become a breeding ground for bacteria and germs, which pose serious health problems. Many people hire an expert cleaning service to get an optimal result, while some prefer to do it themselves.
You can whip up some cleaning products yourself and use them to clean any kind of stain, dirt, or debris. Homemade wipes will make your kitchen counter smelling fresh, and baking powder oven cleaner will become your preferred cleaning solution.
Homemade Disinfectant Wipes
Disinfectant wipes are great for a quick cleanse to maintain results from a professional clean. You can now make your own wipes and store them for future use. All you need to do is obtain a jar or container that will hold your leftover cloths or dish towels. Place the dish cloths in a container and add the following:
- Measure out a quarter cup of vinegar
- Add a few drops of tea tree oil
- Add lemon essential oil in a cup of water
- Pour this mixture over the cloths
- Let it soak and use when required
Can You Make Your Own Oven Cleaner?
Yes, you can! What oven cleaner manufacturers don’t want you to know is making oven cleaner is not exactly rocket science. No more harsh chemicals needed.
- All you need is water, vinegar, and baking soda
- Make this into a paste according to how much you need
- Wipe this mixture all over the inside of your oven
- You can try rubbing it in to have a scrub effect for tough stains
- Let this mixture sit overnight and then clean it with a water spray and damp cloth. Simple!
How to Make Your Own Liquid Hand Soap
The great thing about making soap yourself is you know exactly what goes into it and can adjust the amount of soap, water and perfume to get the consistency and smell that you like.
- Start with an empty soap dispenser and fill it up to an inch with bottled water
- Add two tablespoons of liquid soap and use an essential oil depending on the smell you like!
- Shake and use frequently
How to Clean Leather or Fabric Sofas Easily?
When you think about getting your sofa cleaned in Perth, you may consider hiring an expert cleaning service. While it’s true that a professional cleaner can make your sofa look brand new, it is up to you to keep the results lasting longer. Sofa cleaning is as vital as regular carpet cleaning as the fabric may attract germs, allergens, or even become smelly over time.
Why Not Start with Vacuuming?
The greatest cleaning advice is usually simple. Below is an example:
- Remove all cushions and clean dirt that may have fallen between them
- Vacuum upper areas thoroughly and make sure you get all dust and dirt
- Use special vacuum attachments to access crevices
- Use a gentle brush when cleaning sofa upholstery to prevent damage
Cleaning Sprays to Protect All Types of Sofas?
Whether you have a fabric or leather sofa, you can safely clean it at home by using the following tips. It’s important to remember to read the care tag before starting to clean. The care tag will have clear instruction about the do’s and don’ts while cleaning. While leather sofas should not be cleaned with too much soap or water, fabric sofas can be cleaned with a mild liquid detergent.
Cleaning Sofa Fabric
If you want to remove a small stain from fabric, you may not have to do a thorough cleaning.
- Use a mild dishwashing washing liquid mixed with warm water to get rid of small stains
- Test the solution on a hidden part of the fabric before using it on the full stain
- Please read sofa tags carefully and use the right product and method to clean your sofa
Cleaning Leather Sofas
Leather can be damaged if too much soap or water is used on it.
- Start with light vacuuming and then use a vinegar and water mixture to wipe away any mould
- You can also use unique leather products and cleaners
- Do not forget to test the solution on a hidden part of the fabric to make sure it doesn’t cause discolouring or damage the leather in any way
Is it Necessary to Hire a Professional Cleaner for Sofa Cleaning?
When thinking about cleaning sofas or other delicate furniture in the home, many people prefer to hire a professional cleaner, but this is not always necessary. If you’re thinking about using a professional cleaning service, reading reviews can help you find the best cleaner.
It’s useful to learn cleaning tips and educate yourself about basic home hygiene. It’s understandable that not everyone has time to perform all the cleaning a home needs. If you find yourself in this situation, then it’s handy to rely on professional cleaners. You can read up local Perth cleaning company recommendations and reviews to choose the best one.