When tenants are nearing the end of their lease, they should make sure the property is left in good condition. If you leave dirt, grime or stains, the owner is…
End-of-lease cleaning isn’t something most people think about until after they’ve already moved out. When you’re already stressed out with packing, hiring movers, and making a new home, the last thing you need is to worry about the state your home is in since you didn’t have time to clean it well while you were living there. It will find you, no matter how hard you try to run from it.
How should a tenant clean a rental property before the lease ends?
Tenants are responsible for a full cleaning of the rental unit after they go, including the refrigerator, stove, and other kitchen equipment. Making it look like you were never there is what we call “erasing your digital footprint.”
In this way, the homeowner may show the house, and the new residents can move in without having to clean up after them. In that sense, we’ll take care of everything else.
This has increased the need for end-of-lease cleaning repairs, which were originally optional but are now necessary to receive a refund of the security deposit. Once you have finished the mandatory cleaning and the property is returned to its original, spotless condition, you will usually receive your security deposit back.
Processes involved in a typical move-out cleaning
In general, a normal clean from a bond cleaning service will take between four and six hours (depending on the size of your home and the number of workers) and will consist of the following tasks:
- Glass on the inside and out has to be cleaned, as do the tops and insides of both cabinets.
- I cleaned every surface and dusted every piece of furniture by every window (such as blinds and curtains).
- Dust and insects have been removed from all light fixtures by cleaning and polishing them.
- Everything has been thoroughly cleaned to eliminate any smudges or fingerprints, including the oven and the window tracks.
Methods for Keeping Your House’s Exterior Clean
- Clean the exterior of the grill and the patio set.
- Do some yard work, such as mowing the lawn, weeding the garden, and sweeping the patio.
- Remove any dust and cobwebs from the walls, eaves, and window ledges.
- Replace any burned-out bulbs in your outside lighting and clean the fixtures.
- Empty the garbage cans and put them back where they belong.
Tips for Maintaining a Tidy Home Interior
- Empty and clean/sanitize all cupboards, drawers, shelves, and closets.
- Door and window casings, together with architraves and skirting boards, should be dusted and wiped down eleventh. Clear the rails of any stowaways.
- Use glass cleaner on mirrors and other glass surfaces around your house or apartment.
- Cleaning the vents and filter of your air conditioner is a must.
- Wipe off the ceiling fan blades.
- The drapes should be washed or dry cleaned and then rehung after they have dried.
- Make sure the furniture the landlord provided has been cleaned and put back where it belongs if you’ve been renting a furnished property.
- After cleaning with soap and drying the glass, you should apply glass cleaner. Glass cleaner may be wiped off with newspaper for streak-free windows and mirrors.
Wet a cloth and wipe off the blinds before cleaning the window to avoid spreading dust. Before cleaning the outside windows clean, it is recommended to first wash them with soapy water. Clean the blinds with a moist cloth to remove dust before you clean the windows.
A Guide to Kitchen Cleaning
Specifically, while cleaning the oven, pay close attention to the racks and the bottom. Cleansing with harsh chemicals is unnecessary. Three tablespoons of water and half a cup of baking soda make an excellent mixture for washing away grime and oil.
- By the time you reach, you should have double-checked that the filters in the range hood were clean and that the light was on.
- Clean the interior and outside of your dishwasher. Maintaining clean rubber gaskets and a filter is essential.
- Remove any obstructions, especially food waste, from the sink drain to ensure the free flow of water. To restore your stainless steel sink to its original luster, just apply some mineral oil and a soft sponge.
- Wipe clean all surfaces and make sure the cabinets are spotless on the inside and out.
- The next assignment is to clean up the space beneath the appliances.
Bathroom Cleaning Tips
Take remove the toilet seat and cleanse the bowl thoroughly on the inside and outside.
Before you go, you should also scrub the inside of the toilet tank. Just pour some vinegar into the cistern, let it stay there for the night, and then flush to get rid of any mineral deposits or stains. Turning off the water supply and flushing the toilet several times will empty the tank, although this will need more effort on your part.
Wearing protective gloves, wipe the empty tank’s interior with bleach or a commercial cleaner. Turn on the water after filling the tank and let it run for a few minutes to dilute the chemicals; then, flush the system with cold water.
After you’ve cleaned the bathroom, don’t forget to use disinfectant on the sink, toilet, and tub (step 23). There should be no mold or soap scum left behind. Scrub the area with a toothbrush dipped in bleach water to eliminate obstinate mold.
- It is possible to use a paste composed of baking soda and vinegar to clean the glass walls and doors of a shower.
- Polish paper towels and toilet paper holder racks are the components.
- Increased access to means for personal hygiene is essential.
To remove the filth, fill a bucket with hot water, add some dish soap or disinfectant, and scrub with an abrasive cloth. You may also go the eco-friendly route and fill the garbage can with hot water after pouring several glasses of vinegar into it. Let it soak for a few hours before you bother cleaning it. Flip them over and dry them in the sun.
After your lease has finished, our bond cleaners will spend as much time as necessary cleaning your previous apartment. In case you’re worried that some or all of your bond payment could be withheld, or that you might never get paid in full, keep reading.
Please feel free to schedule appointments and see our results at any moment during the cleaning process. You are still covered by our guarantee if your landlord or store clerk finds a flaw that would cause the item to fail inspection. Just give us a call if you need us to come back before then. Our bond cleaning crew will come back and give it another try if there are any areas that you or the inspector believe require further attention.